The A.D.O.P.T. Program
1. A.D.O.P.T. stands for Animals Depend On People Too
2. You may A.D.O.P.T any of our animals that are listed on our A.D.O. P.T. ion list. You may go to the shop to see the animal's pictures that can be adopted.
3. Your adoption is good for one year.
4. Each adoption cost $50.00
You will receive:
1. A personalized certificate with your name and the animal’s picture on it.
2. A facts sheet about your animal.
3. Website recognition.
4. A name plate with your name and the type of animal on the Visitors Center's A.D.O.P.T.
How to A.D.O.P.T.
1. You can copy the form below and mail it to us.
2. Go to the SHOP and select the animal you want to A.D.O.P.T.
3. Fill in the information. If you are A.D.O.P.T. ing for someone else fill in their information where it says send to.
4. Go to Check out. You can add a message that will be sent to the one receiving the packet.
5. Finish filling in the form and we will do the rest.
Date A.D.O.P.T. ed Animal A.D.O.P.T. er
February, 2021 Box Turtle Sophia Detweiler
Your Name :
Phone number___________________________(incase we have questions)
If this ADOPTion is for someone else please fill in this section.
If you want us to include a message from you, please add it here:
Animal(s) to be A.D.O.P.T.ed:
You may print out this form and send it with your payment to
Friends of the Living Desert, P.O. Box 100, Carlsbad, NM 88221
Living Desert Zoo and Gardens State Park
Update: February 25, 2021
We are now open seven days a week to all visitors.